Bonus Blackjack - Blackjack Variation
Blackjack is the most popular and highly played casino game in the world. It has been around for almost three hundred years and the original rules are still pretty much the same as they were when played by French royalty. There are many popular variants that are also appearing in many casinos around the world.
Best Blackjack Casinos Online
A standard game of traditional casino Blackjack pays the winner based on their bet. For example, a standard payout for “blackjack” (a two card total of twenty-one) usually pays the player three to two on the bet. This means that a player who wagered five dollars on their hand would receive seven dollars and fifty cents from the dealer if they had a “blackjack”. Most other payouts for standard Blackjack are at a one to one, or even, payout ratio - wager five dollars, beat the dealer and win five dollars.
In the “Bonus Blackjack” game however a player is allowed to bet on the outcome of their two cards, and the wager only applies to the two original cards. Because games of “Bonus Blackjack” are played with only two decks of cards the likelihood of a player anticipating their chances of winning are significantly higher. The downside is the lower payout amounts that the game rewards.
In “Bonus Blackjack” only a combination of the Ace of Spades and Jack of Spades wins the highest payout on “blackjack”. The ratio for this hand is a fifty to one payout. So the player who wagers five dollars on their hand who gets this “blackjack” would win two hundred and fifty dollars. For “blackjack” from all other suits the ratio is a twenty-five to one payout on the wager amount. This means the same five dollar wager returns a one hundred twenty-five dollar payout.
When pairs of hands total twenty-one, and are all in the same suit the payout is five to two, which means that a five dollar bet would return twenty dollars, and the final reward ratio is paid on hands totaling twenty-one and are rewarded in a three to two ratio.
The rest of the rules of the “Bonus Blackjack” game follow traditional rules for Blackjack.
- Players can “double down” which means they increase their initial wager and take a single “hit” on their hand.
- A player may also “split” their hand, meaning they double their original wager and split up their initial hand. These two new hands are each issued a second card and the player can proceed with the two new hands.
- Splitting can be done on up to four cards.
- The dealer will always be obliged to “stand” on a seventeen.
- The dealer has a single “hole card” and a single face up card.
- Aces can only be split a single time, and any splits prevent the player from winning a “blackjack”
- Double down is available after a split or hit.
- A twenty total from two ten value cards can be split.
- In a “push” or tie, nothing happens to the player’s bets. They can remain in the betting circle, or be returned to each player.